Friday, May 22, 2015

Random Bits- What I Am Doing To Get Prettified For The Wedding

Hi, Girlfriends!

I am sure from the title of this post, no guys are clicking on this blog today ;)

It's FRIIIIIIIDAY!  I am most likely going to take Fridays as a time to post random bits about my personal life and possibly stir up conversation.  Or ask advice.  I need more advice down below!

Before I start, I want to wish everyone an amazing weekend!  I hope you are Treating Yourself with something fun!  I am beyond excited for this weekend because I am taking 3 days off!  Well, I have to deep clean the gym and coach Spartan practice, but that doesn't really equate to work.  And I shouldn't even say I coach Spartan on Sundays because I do the workout with them and I am worth nothing when I am in pain, sweating and tired.  Sunday Spartan workouts revolve around running hills.  I never run and I hate running.  And I hate hills.  I really should hire someone to coach that segment because if you ask me what is next in the workout while we are running I will answer in this muffled, exhausted half ass answer while gasping for my life.  I am not exaggerating.  And I think the crew cheers me on more than I them.  I give out high fives because I can't talk.  That's what I do.   Anyway.... let's get to it.

Wedding Chatter....

If you know me, than you know I am a simple gal.  I don't do my hair often, I don't wear much makeup (even though I am secretly in love with makeup), I barely ever wear dresses and I NEVER wear pumps unless I have to.  Which is three times per year.  Yes, it is pathetic, I know.  But I do have a great team around me who is willing to help a girl out.  You know- to help me go relatively outside of my comfort zone for the big day.  "Relatively" because if I don't feel like me, I would not have fun celebrating our marriage.  I want to feel like a "polished me" as my client puts it.


So first, let's tackle that skin issue.  Remember when I asked for your advice?  Well, a couple people offered recommendations to their own dermatologists which I am beyond thankful for because I have no idea where to start in that department.  Up until recently, I have been blessed with decent skin.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely had my rough patches growing up, but the past couple years my skin has been sweet to me.  And then stress hit.  Stress is a mother.  It has completely thrown me for a loop and now I feel like I have chicken pox on my jaw line.  I am going to use a toner my awesome client/friend/"older sister" (that's what I like to call her) is giving me to try and balance out my pH levels.  In the past, I use to juice greens all day long and my face would clear.  This time around, everything is being stubborn.  I also made an appointment at one of my other client's dermatologist office, but it won't be until mid-June.  One of my trusty fitness pals reminded me that many bodies do not like dairy so I am trying my hardest to shy away from that to see if it helps with my breakouts.  I am crossing my fingers and toes this works out for me in the mean time.  

Hopefully I will have a clear canvas to go ahead and paint my face with makeup in September!  Kelly (my group fitness instructor and friend) introduced me to this chick, Jaclyn Hill on Youtube.  Can I tell you.... I am obsessed with her.  Not only is she gorgeous and does a phenomenal job with makeup, but she is hyyyyysterical.  Her personality is the complete opposite of mine and I think that is why I love her (I am a sloth in personality land compared to her).  She has been a makeup artists for many years now.  Although she does put many layers of ahem... everything... on her face, she does throw out some great pointers that I am going to use for my rehearsal dinner.  You better believe I am getting professional help on my wedding day though.  I can't stick false lashes on for the life of me.  (I only want the ones on the ends of my eyes though- the ones that wing out)  And to apply liquid eyeliner?  Forget about it...

My hair is going to be thrown up in a romantic, messy, whimsical look.  My great friend offered to do my hair and the bridal partys' hair as a wedding present.  How sweet is that?!  I have complete faith in her work.  I was originally going to have my hair down, but Mike requests an up-do.  Done.  I will also have my hair freshly highlighted in August- a couple weeks before.  There is a salon that I love in Rittenhouse Square called Richard Nicolas.  Joe has been doing my hair for a little while now and he does amazing work.  Another refferal/present from a client.  Did I mention that I love my fit family!?  They are wonderful to me.

As far as my fitness and nutrition go, I am going to amp up my PiYo about a month before the wedding.  I just love what it does for me.  I am also going to do sprints about two times per week.  Have you seen my instagram video on carb cycling?  I am going to carb cycle about 4-6 weeks before the big day as well. At least, that is the plan.  I am going to drink a ton of lemon water and get as many greens, protein and healthy fats in me as I can.

Has anyone gotten a spray tan before their wedding?  I have gotten a spray tan before, but for some reason, I am nervous to do it with my dress.  I am petrified some tanner will rub off on the dress... Thoughts?

So that's that my friends.  I would love to hear any feedback.... Also, I hope that everything I write one here can help you in some way or give you ideas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment