Monday, May 18, 2015

My #1 Tip for Fitness Success

My number one tip for fitness success is...

Nutrition matters.  Prepare your week with healthy food that you will eat.

I don't care if you are vegan, paleo, vegetarian, etc... you need to find what works for your body, what you like to eat and then prepare them before your busy schedule starts.

Your fitness goals, no matter what they are, (to lose weight, gain muscle, become faster in your sport, etc) relies on what you put in your mouth.  You will never out exercise bad nutrition.  You will not add mature muscle without body fat if you do not eat clean food.  You will not see a substantial increase in speed if clean nutrients do not go down your gullet.  You get the point.




Here I posted all of my prepared snacks for the week.  This is for two people.  They include an orange and raspberry fruit mix, a no bake peanut butter protein rice krispie bar, homemade granola, hard boiled eggs and fresh vegetables that are now washed and cut up.  I also have bananas, strawberries and extra oranges on hand.  Individual protein packets and fresh spinach are waiting to be turned into delicious smoothies.  Lastly, I have healthy choice turkey in the fridge with fresh guacamole that I like to pair together for a quick snack.

I highly believe that you should also prepare about half of your weekly dinners on Saturday or Sunday.  It is so easy to come home from work or the gym tired and wanting to just sit down.  Life is tough and tiring.  I get it.  These are the days when it would be so nice to pull out an already-made salmon, broccoli and sweet potato dinner, wouldn't it?  This exact situation happened to me last night.  I was so tired when I got home that I didn't want to cook dinner.  Guess what I did?  I went and got pizza.  It happens to all of us.  But we can prevent it from happening 95% of the time.

If you do not prepare your foods, you have a greater chance reaching for the easiest and fastest snack in your house or vending machine at work.  Chips, candy bar, chocolate milk, etc.  Buh... one "bad" snack will not make you fat and one "good" snack will not make you skinny.  Consistency will though.  Choose which side of the tracks you want to be on.

You will thank yourself for putting in the extra effort when you look in the mirror and see results or are on the playing field and become the fastest player on the team.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment