Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps and Wedding Advice

My Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps were insanely good last night!  I apologize for the less than stellar photo.  The lighting in the kitchen was terrible and unfortunately we had to resort to that because mother nature was not sharing her natural light during dinner time.


I was craving these babies so badly (along with chinese food lately) so I decided to make a pit stop at the store to retrieve the ingredients.  Chicken Thai Lettuce Wraps are super simple and you can basically put whatever you want in them.  I forgot water chestnuts and baby corn which I was a little bummed about.  I was too much in a hurry and didn't make a list.  That's what I get....

Side note- whenever you think of baby corn, do you think about the movie, Big, with Tom Hanks?  Love that scene.

Here is the recipe for you.  It will feed 3 starving people or four people people that are just ready for dinner.  Haha, I don't know how else to put it.  Wait, here we go.... Serving size 3-4.  Tada!

Prep time: 15 minutes  Cook time: 25 minutes

12-16 oz chicken
8 cups of bib lettuce
1 cup julienne carrots
1 cup julienne orange peppers
1 cup button mushrooms
1 cup chopped string beans
1/2 avocado
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 lime
1/2 cup soy vey sauce
Hot pepper flakes to your liking

Cut up chicken into small chunks and sauté them in olive oil on medium until fully cooked through.  At the same time, sauté all of the vegetables in a pan with the remaining olive oil on medium-high heat.  I waited until the veggies were cooked half way until I added the mushrooms.  Saute veggies until the texture is right for you- mine was about 10 minutes.  Mix together the honey, lime and soy vey sauce.  Pour half the sauce over the chicken and let it marinate a couple minutes.  Drizzle the other half over the vegetables.  Once ready, marry the protein and veggies.  Sprinkle a little hot pepper flakes on the dish if you'd like.  Ladle the chicken and vegetable mixture into lettuce bibs and top with avocado.

Bon Appétit!

Random bit- 

Wedding Advice- Wedding favors or no wedding favors?   People are now saying they are a waste as people forget to take them with at the end of the night.  Also, if you are saying yes... what did you give out?

I am thinking m&m's as that is what my Mom did for my bridal shower.  They were adorable and had our heads on them!  Oh man, I need lotion... my hand looks tight or something.


xoxo.




No comments:

Post a Comment