Monday, June 1, 2015

Creamy Crispy Peanut Butter Cup Recipe

Hi, There!

I am writing you with such a sore body today.  Over the weekend we had an incredibly tough Spartan practice.  It included running hills with kettlebells (I had a 20lb-er), 300 kettelbell swings, running without kettlebells... oye.  I can't forget to mention that it was about 90 degrees with the sun blazing on us the whole time because there was very minimal shade or breeze.  All in all we covered about 4.5 miles and practice ran us almost 1.5 hours.  By the end we were cherry faced, dripping in sweat, and covered in dirt.  It was a nasty one, but I am proud of myself and everyone for completing it!

My weekend also included beer tasting for the wedding, babysitting, an incredible lunch from the Cheesecake Factory, and being lazy.  I want to backtrack to the babysitting part though.  I was in charge of my nieces on Friday night and I knew they had to clean their play room under my watch.  I am not a parent yet, so the only way I really know how to get kids to do something they don't want to do is to bribe them with food (even though though I always tell my clients that humans are not dogs and should not be rewarded with food).  So before I went over, I made sure to make a pit stop at the local Giant.  I was sprinting in the supermarket praying to every god in the universe that I would not bump into a client.  Why you ask?  Honey teddy grahams, cookies 'n' cream ice cream, sour gummy worms, two different types of hot fudge and sprinkles were in my basket.  Not a single vegetable, no fruit, and protein?  Forget about it.  I was going full-out sugar mode for my nieces.  I guess it doesn't matter if I bumped into someone I knew or not because I am airing my dirty laundry on here anyway.  I'll tell you what.  That sundae thing.. it worked.  They were on their best behavior and the playroom was as shiny as the Chrysler building!  And Aunt Julie deserved a Sundae too because... uh... just because.

I really should have whipped them up something healthier for their bodies like this recipe down below.  They need good food too!  Maybe I'll run some over this weekend.  They need a week to recover from their mounds of ice cream.  I hope you enjoy this easy recipe.  It took no time at all to make and it's incredibly satisfying.  I am a sucker for the cream and crispy part.

Creamy Crispy Peanut Butter Cups


Serves 6-7     Prep time 10 minutes

1.5 cup gluten free rice krispies
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/8 cup protein powder

1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/8 cup almond milk


Pour rice krispies into a bowl.  In another bowl, add dark chocolate and coconut oil.  Place chocolate mixture in microwave for 1 minute- stop every 20 seconds to stir.  It can burn very easily so be careful.  Add the chocolate mixture in with the rice krispies and fold until everything is covered.  Place mixture in to cupcake liners.  Fill about 2/3 of the way.  Make sure to pack it in. Place in freezer.

In another bowl, add peanut butter and coconut oil (make sure the oil is liquid, not solid since it can solidify easily).  Mix it together.  Warm 1/8 cup almond milk in microwave for 15 seconds.  Add that to the peanut butter mixture and stir until it becomes creamy.  Take the chocolate krispies out of the freezer and smear the peanut butter mixture on top (about 1-1.5 tbsp) of each one.  Place back into freezer.  When you are about to eat it, take it out for about 5-10 minutes beforehand.  

Bon Apetite!

Random bit- Check out this huge wishy we found!  Mike's hand is the largest I think I have seen so we put his hand up for scale.  I bet the wishy could make big dreams come true ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment