Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Most Delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudge and Random Bits

Hey there!

Ohhhh myyyy gosh.  Do I have a recipe for you!  This recipe is low in carbs and sugar, but not low in healthy fats.  However this type of fat actually speeds up your metabolism for two hours after you eat it!  Yep, I'm talking about coconut oil.  I made the most scrumptous fudge everrrrr.   Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudge.  Ugh, I die.

To be frank, this fudge does not like the camera.  It gets gun shy when I try to nicely pull it out of the glass container.  If you chose to make this, maybe try to put foil down on the glass, then pour the batter on the foil.  Leave some foil hanging over the edge so you can lift it out of the glass easily once it solidifies.  That way you can get your pieces out in whole chunks rather than botch the whole thing like I did.   See below for proof.... can you spy my little finger prints on the top there?  I started to get anxious and impatient.

Whatever, I just won't serve it to anyone.  I will keep it all to myself.  Literally- because Mike hates coconut and swears he can taste the coconut immensely whenever it is used in cooking.  Little does he know I use it half the time in our sautéed veggies.... never says a word.  In fact, he compliments the dishes!  Shhhh.  ;)


To be honest, I didn't even try to capture a good pic of this because I thought- whats the point!  If you don't care what your visual outcome looks like, I highly recommend you make this as a little "pick me up" during those times of crisis.  You know, when you desperately need a little treat.  It is ridiculously creamy... it seriously melts in your mouth.  Another piece of advice- leave it in the freezer until you are about to eat it or it will slowly start to melt.  I would eat this whole entire dish if each piece wasn't 200 calories.  Don't be afraid of those healthy fats, ladies.  They are good for your brain and body!  Plus, who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter together?!  Actually, I do know some of those crazy people.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Fudge
Makes 12     Prep time 5 minutes    Freeze time 20 minutes

1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Stir together peanut butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract until completely blended.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Place in a small pyrex dish (try the tin foil trick if you wish).  Stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes.  Then, it is ready to be served!


Random Bits-

Now that the summer is here, it looks like my personal training schedule will be calming down a little.  (Ahem... at least that's what it looks like for now).  Since I had more time on my hands than usual today, I did quite a lot of wedding stuff.

I visited my friend Courtney who is a great hair stylist and is graciously doing my hair (and bridal party) for my wedding present!  We had an awesome trial run!  I am happy with the outcome and I even left her house with nice bouncy curls ;)  I wish I had a date.


Things are finally falling in to place with all the wedding planning.  My goodness there is a lot to do. For the life of us, Mike and I can not agree on our "first dance" song.  We have pretty much all the other music picked out which I am beyond thankful about.  What did you dance to?  I would love Ray Lamontagne, "You are the best thing."  But no dice on his end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment