Friday, June 19, 2015

What Makes Me Feel Amazing


For as many years as I have remembered, every single day I would wake up and go to bed tired.  My body was ALWAYS exhausted.  If you know me, you know I own a gym.  And yes, that can be taxing, however, the fatigue haunted me well before opening the business.  I can remember back before I was ten years old.  I would go to the doctors all the time.  I have been diagnosed with allergies, asthma, limes disease (twice) and an auto immune disease.  Let it be known, not all at once... but everyone (including me) thought these were all the reasons why I was always so tired.

Then a couple years ago I started to feel foggy in my head.  Sometimes I couldn't remember things, I felt like a walking zombie, it took me longer and longer to get out of bed, and I was just not as sharp as what I used to be.  Talk about frustrating.

Around 5 months ago, I started to become more stressed than I ever was when it came to my job.  I was putting a lot on my shoulders and in my head I felt like I was waking up every day to go to "war" with my daily activities.  Stress creates a negative relationship with every person very differently.  For me, I was getting headaches, breaking out on my jawline and having nightmares.  Ugh, I suffer from nightmares ALL the time when I am stressed.  Therefore, I never really got a good sleep.

Phew.  What a cry baby, huh?  Well, I know I am not alone.

When I train clients, I get to know them.  Pretty well.  And after a fashion, we start to open up to each other, discuss, relate and so on.  I realized that I was not the only person suffering through these symptoms.  I mean there are billions of people in the world- I would be crazy to think I was the only one anyway.  But then I started to fish for answers.  I LOVE to help people out, especially when it comes to health.  I wanted to find the answer.   Not only for me, but for my clients as well.  So I went on google.  It lead me to youtube.  On youtube, I stumbled upon people talking about supplements that changed their life.  A couple videos really stuck out to me and they all had one thing in common.  These people who had their lives changed drank Shakeology.  Now, I have heard of Shakeology before, but I always knew it to be associated with the company, BeachBody.  I have nothing against BeachBody (I love their workouts- hello PiYo!!), but I didn't want to be pulled into another advertisement scam.  To me, I felt like this was just another popular drink everyone was drinking to lose weight.  *The main reason people buy Shakeology is to become healthier, do the at-home workout DVDs you can also buy with Shakeolgy, and lose weight.  It (the shake and dvds) can all come in a pretty little package for you right on your door step.

Immediately I was a little turned off.  I own a gym, I know I have an amazing group class program and I did not want to involve myself anymore with supplements that are being sold by stay at home moms just to make a quick buck.  So I kept searching.  And I only found more and more testimonials from normal people living normal lives and how Shakeolgy has changed their life.  They said it takes brain fog away, they have less cravings (which did perk my ear up a little because this gal loves her some chocolate), they have energy, stopped drinking coffee AND clear skin.  Holy crap.  I just... I just ... I knew something was pushing me towards this drink.


I started to do my due-diligence and read up on Shakeology.  It had nothing but organic fruits, superfood, herbs and vegetables in it.  But then I started to talk myself out of buying it because it was expensive, I make my own smoothies and I just didn't know if it was worth it.

Then I was approached by a BeachBody coach THE SAME WEEK I have been contemplating buying this drink.  You guys must be rolling your eyes at me.  I seriously was acting like this was one of the largest decisions I will ever make in my life.  She assured me that it has done wonders for her.  So, I took the plunge.

The first time I drank it, I put a frozen banana, spinach and peanut butter in with it because thats what I always do with smoothies.  Yuck!  It was way too sweet.  From that day forward, I have been drinking it every morning for my breakfast with just almond milk.  Now, I was loathing the fact that I had to drink my breakfast.  Don't get me wrong, I sometimes drink smoothies for breakfast, but I love to chew!  However, I wanted to see what all the hype was about.  So I was going to do it right.  I was going to drink it every single day in the morning so it ensured me that I would not skip it.  Knowing me, if I push something off, I will never do it.  To my God honest stinkin' surprise... I LOVE it.

I love it.  I freaking love it.  A little glimmer of me wanted to be like, "psssh... this is nothin'."  And go back to my normal protein shake.  But you guys... I have no more brain fog.  I want badly to write all this in capital letters because it is seriously unbelievable.  My acne has been slowly clearing up.  Shakeolgy actually fills me up and keeps my hunger at bay for about 4 hours (which never happens with protein shakes by the way) AND I never want to sit down.  I feel like I have a caffeine IV drip stuck to me all day- without the jitters.

I have to touch base on the cost.  I thought the cost was a little unreasonable- especially since it is only a 30 day package.  However, when I got it and truly sat to read the ingredients, I think it is very fair.  First, the way it makes me feel is enough for me to buy it every month, but also... all those ingredients are costly!  I bought at lest 1/3 of the ingredients individually from Whole Foods before and it cleared out my wallet!  To name just a few superfood ingredients- chia, flax, goji berry, grape seed, green tea, chlorella, spiraling, maca, kale, holy basil and lactobacillus.  I think I only listed half of what goes into the Shakeology bag.  You'd think it would be nasty, but I ordered chocolate and am a total fan.  It was a little sweet at first, but I got use to it.  Especially since I don't crave chocolate much anymore- it is nice to have something with that flavor everyday.

In a nutshell, I am so glad I ordered this three months before my wedding.  I was not trying to mess with my food, but my appetite has decreased.  I think I lost another pound without even trying and the only thing that has changed is the addition of Shakeolgy.  My abs are also more defined.  I did not order it in hopes of me losing weight like other people do.  However, it does just that.  I am a believer because it not only helps with weight loss, but it helps with making my life so much more easy.  And my ance is slowly clearing up!

If you are interested in trying it for yourself, click the link below.  I simply am trying to spread the word that this genius concoction is the real deal and a life changer.

Life Changer- Shakeology


No comments:

Post a Comment