Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Change Your Thinking

Happy Tuesday ;)

I am gearing up to teach my last Pulse 'n' Sculpt class today- that is a little devil of a class!  We work our smaller muscle groups in awkward pulsing movements to create a slimmer look.  Within 2 seconds of the class starting, our muscles are on fire!  I will definitely miss it, but I am glad to see it go because myself and the members need a little change.  Speaking of change...

I held a Bikini Body contest at the gym for the members who wanted to receive emails with recipes, at-home workouts and motivation.  They were to come to as many classes at the gym as they could while following the information in the emails.  Whoever wins gets 2 free classes in the month of July!  Tonight we call out the winner, but I have to say... I have already seen some awesome results!  Funny because one of the women said she didn't follow it 100%, but she did what she could and she still saw results!  Man, did that make me proud and it got me thinking.

No one is perfect.  Unless you live in the perfect environment, no one is going to eat 100% clean, always drink 64oz of water, get every single workout in, 8 hours of sleep every night and work on self-development.  BUT if you work on each one of them individually and make even 50% of a difference in the positive direction you WILL see results!  Little changes add up to big results.  I always tell my clients to make small changes along the way.  Not all at once.  If you want to start working out and eating right, cut out soda and start to walk 20 minutes each day.  Build on that.  You will be so stinkin' surprised at what will happen.  However, you have to change your mindset too.  This has to become a lifestyle.  You will not be able to hold on to your results unless you work on personal development and change your thought process.  This is not something that you work on for 2 months, see results, and go back to the way you were living pre-weight loss.

Do you know someone who has had the gastric bypass surgery done? ... But then that person gained weight back?  He or she will see results quickly because he made a huge change- he had his stomach shrunk to a very small size so he could eat less at each meal, therefore, lose weight.  However, he or she does not realize that he has to change his mindset.  He can't eat like he used to.  He can't eat the same fried foods, the same portion sizes and only once a day (which many overweight people tend to do).  If he does do all those things, he will stretch his stomach back out and be back to square one.  This happens so often because people don't want to peel back the layers, see where the issues lye and work on themselves.

Self development is probably the hardest thing about making changes.  You have to view what you have always done in a different way.  However, since it is the hardest thing to do, it will give you the greatest reward.

When I wanted to become more financially sound, I listened to Dave Ramsey podcasts.  When I wanted to become a better business owner, I listened to Chalene Johnson's Build Your Tribe podcast.  When I wanted to lose weight, I read numerous books about healthy eating.  When I wanted to get out of little spouts of depression I would read self help books.  The key is finding little things throughout your day to keep you going in the positive direction to help you make a change and help yourself internally so you can glow externally.  Change your thinking and you can change your life :)

xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment