Friday, June 26, 2015

Random Bits- Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

Fridays are wonderful, aren't they?

Here are some things that I am loving lately, quotes that make me happy, things on my mind, etc.  Feel free to chime in...

1.  I saw three quotes yesterday- almost all in a row and they all relate to one another.  I had to chuckle because well, the first one is funny.  And at one point in time, I felt like I got stuck in a bind all the time.


When obstacles in life presented themselves to me, I used to sit back and hope the fairy godmother would come and help me.  But when I realized life doesn't go that way, I made  an effort because I realized I was living life half way.  I was tired of doing things fifty percent and made a decision to go for it.   Trow myself forward.  Try.  Make myself proud. 


I work daily- 7 days a week on self-imporvement, goals and helping others and I couldn't be happier with how it is working out for me :)  Accomplishment is a good feeling.
(Believe me, I'm not saying I'm perfect, hence the "working on self-improvement", but I am getting closer to the girl I want to be!)



2.  Am I considered gluttonous or disciplined for eating a box of assorted chocolates in one week?  How long would it take you?  I mean, Mike probably ate two pieces so he helped me out  ;)   .......

3.  People have asked me what my fitness goals are for my wedding.  My goal was to feel good and to fit comfortably in my dress.  Interesting story-  I actually bought my dress before Mike and I got engaged.  I knew he was looking for rings and while we drove past a bridal shop one day he said, "Look!  The store is going out of business... go get one!  Brides are vultures so don't wait long!  Everything is 50% off!" I whipped my head so fast I'm surprised I didn't snap my neck.  I couldn't believe he said that, but you better believe I called my Mom that day and told her because I wanted her there when I was trying dresses on.  She was hesitant about going because he didn't pop the question yet, but she was certain it would happen (I think).  She gladly accepted my invite and we went the next day.  When I went, my stomach was so queasy.  It was nerve wracking, ya know?!  I tried on about seven dresses and within that seven was one dress I liked a lot.  I tried it on for a second time, liked it more and looked at the price tag (very nice price with the discount).  It fit me like a glove and I need no alterations.  Umm, until we found a little clasp that was hiding.  It helps the back of the dress stay together.  I thought for sure it would easily clasp, but I was dead wrong.  Even with expelling all the air out of my lungs (face purple and all) and throwing my shoulders back, it was a no go.  By like an inch and a half.  Ugh!  Now, I could totally get away with not clasping it and everything would be fine, but I like a challenge.  And I always wanted to work on getting my back size down.  I set a goal to stop lifting, stop doing pull ups and do bodyweight exercises like PiYo and interval training.  Since that goal one year ago, I lost about 10lbs.  I just stepped on the scale and found that out- I hate scales.  Anyway, I am proud of myself and I am sure I will be able to snap that sucker right up (fingers crossed!).  Pray for me.

4.  Does anyone watch Top Chef?  For my birthday dinner, Mike is taking me to Sbraga which is a restaurant owned by the Top Chef's winner of season 7!  I am rather excited.  I hope I will have a positive review for you all next week.

5.  What does everyone think about Donald Trump running for President?  Eh, I am on the fence.  He is a pompous a**hole, but gets the job done.  I voted for Obama and I am not loving what he brought to the table- or lack there of.  Politics are a touchy subject- but please, feel free to speak your voice!

Till next time.  xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment