Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Most Delicous Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Everrrr

Morning!

I hope you Sunshines are doing well.  Speaking of sunshine, Mike took all the curtains off the bedroom windows (we have 4) and threw them out.  I was complaining about them- we need new ones badly :) So we woke up to an insane amount of light blasting into our eyes.  If you aren't used to that for 2 years, it can be brutal!  He was a miserable guy this morning.  I was fine though!  Haha.

Anyway, I started to get really serious about my nutrition since I have to get into a dress in 2.5 months.  I mean, drinking beer and eating fried chicken sandwiches, fries and chicken nuggets on a Saturday night has got to stop!  (True story by the way- last weekend)  So I have been focusing really hard on making super healthy, but delicious dinners.  I am trying to cut out starches at night.  If you get a little creative, it isn't so hard to do and I don't even notice there isn't any rice, potatoes or bread.  I made this low carb chicken parmesan dish.  I don't really understand when people put chicken parm on top of spaghetti... I know it is a super popular dish, but I think it is such a heavy meal.  I was thinking of a replacement for the spaghetti and I thought of supplementing mushrooms and onions cut into long strips.  It worked!  We "oohed and aaaahed" the entire time we ate.  It was awesome!


Here is the recipe:

Low Carb Chicken Parmesan 

Serves 4-5 people  Prep time 15 minutes  Cook time 45 minutes

4 (4-6oz) raw chicken breasts - thin-medium thickness
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp flax seed
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp butter
1/2 steak tomato
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 huge onion sliced into long strips
1 box button mushrooms
1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
2 tbsp coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Set oven to 325 degrees.  Mix the bread crumbs and flax seed on a plate.  Take the chicken breasts and dip them into the beaten egg, then dip them into the bread crumb mix.  Place them onto a baking sheet (lined with tin foil and one thin layer of butter spread on top of tin foil).  Once all the chicken is on the sheet, place little dabs of butter on each chicken (I used no mored than 1-1.5 tbsp for all four pieces).  Place in oven for 45 minutes.  While the chicken is baking, place the onions and mushrooms with coconut oil into a wok or pan that is on medium heat.  Fry them up.  Add fresh garlic, salt and pepper.  Once the chicken has cooked for 30 minutes, take it out and place a thin slice of tomato on top and parmesan cheese.  Place back in oven for the remaining 15 minutes.  Enjoy!

Bon Apetite! 




No comments:

Post a Comment